Friday, September 19, 2008

Dragon Quest 2 - A Second Prince of Samaltria

I found a bug in the Snes version of Dragon Quest 2 (The Dragon Quest I & II snes remake), where you can find a second Prince of Samaltria (or Cannock, for the Dragon Warrior fans)...





I still haven't discovered which events cause this, but I have come up with this bug almost at the end of the game, I mean, having all the crests and preparing for going to Hargon's castle.

If you find this second Prince, and you talk to him, he will join your party.





But you wont get this second Kain to your party. You will have just one Prince of Samaltria again, but you will loose the princess!!!



The Prince of Samaltria stays with his status...



But you won't be able to get the Princess of Moonbrooke again... so you better have a save with her in your party if you want to try this bug, but later continue your game with her.



Since we all know you can end the game without the Prince of Samaltria if you let him cursed when he falls in the inn in Beran, this bug that let you get rid of the Princess can be useful if you want to attempt a final battle just with the Prince of Midenhall (Lorasia) and the Prince of Samaltria, ending the game without the princess... ;D

I still have not tried this ending without the Princess, 'cause I like her magic power, but I will try it probably soon, and if I find something strange I will post it here.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure this will interets lot of people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I found that bug too! I have just got the golden key in the Zahan Island. I'm only have the Sun Crest and the Moon Crest (given by that King who likes fighting) I went back to the town to see if there was a golden edged door to open, and I found myself with the duplicate of the Prince! I took him in my party so no one has the chance to clone him again, but I didn't loose the Princess! Although something funny happened with the experience of the Prince, it duplicated (or raised 3x)!! It gained a lot of levels (like 6 or 7 leves inmediately after another fight with some monsters), but after that I couldn't raise his level in a normal way, beacause of the high experience points. And aventually, he stopped gaining exdperience points. So I decided to load a prior game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll took the picture of the game when I play it again to show you that. I'm thinking that, maybe that clone is to help you if your Prince gets cursed and lost. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah... that's interesting... There has to be something that made me lose my princess, if you play it again and find more interesting things I will be glad reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!